Human Resources and Administration Manager (PNDS)
Job Reference Number
EMR/DP/PNDS/HR and Admin Manager
International Development Assistance/Emerging Markets
Asia; Australia; Timor Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a new, nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL). Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years from 2014, it will contribute to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and provide jobs and training.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the day-to-day operations and administration of the support program.
- Ensure the program attracts, recruits, contracts and retains a productive and professional team.
- Establish and manage a highly professional and effective HR and administrative support team.
- Provide high quality HR and administrative services, including training and development programs for program personnel.
- Provide the management team with professional technical advice about all aspects of HR and administration.
- Lead strategic HRM activities including workforce planning and reporting.
- Develop HR and administration policies, systems and procedures, manage roll-out and oversight compliance, reporting and periodic review.
- Lead and manage all HR activities for the support program including recruitment, selection, contracting, mobilisation and demobilisation; performance management and disciplinary functions; staff training and development; pastoral care; and administrative functions.
- Coach, mentor, counsel and develop the capacity of personnel.
- Ensure records (electronic and paper) are managed and maintained.
- Ensure monthly program reports are completed.
- Support the Operations Manager with the preparation of program plans, policies, manuals and reports, ensuring outputs are in accordance with professional standards and other requirements prescribed by GoTL and DFAT.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with GoTL, DFAT and other stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in management, HRM, business studies or equivalent discipline.
- Ten plus years of experience and proven track record in the leadership, management and implementation of HRM programs with emphasis on recruitment, selection and performance management.
- Demonstrated practical experience in operational HRM, ideally in developing and/or post conflict countries.
- Proven skills and experience in senior management, and demonstrated experience in management of large, multi-disciplinary and multi-national teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including very high calibre abilities and experience in report writing.
- Demonstrated organisational and strategic thinking skills with high attention to detail.
- Post graduate qualifications relevant to role.
- Experience and knowledge of Government of Timor-Leste labour law.
- Language skills in Tetum and/or Indonesian.
- Prior experience with DFAT – Australian Aid projects.
- Previous experience working in South-East Asia.
Closing date: 9 December 2013, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.