PROJECT MANAGER DEPUTY for the project: Capacity Strengthening of Civil Society Organizations working on Domestic and Gender Based Violence
Triangle Génération Humanitaire is a French NGO created in 1994 and specialized in three sectors of humanitarian intervention: WASH, Food Security and Psycho Social / Education. Working at the moment in 8 countries in post emergency and development context, Triangle G H has been in Timor-Leste since 2005 mainly for WASH and also for Social projects.
Triangle G H is starting a three years project funded by EuropeAid « Towards a strengthened civil society for a better protection of children and women victims of violence » that will be implemented in coordination with the Government, other Stakeholders, Timorese NGOs and especially PRADET, Casa Vida and ALFeLa. The Overall Objective is to improve the situation of women and children victims of violence in Timor-Leste. The specific objective is to improve sub-national and national protection and support mechanisms for women and children through the strengthening of civil society Organizations (CSOs) and Local Authorities (LA) capacities.
The 3 expected results of this project are 1) targeted CSOs working on the protection of children and women victims of violence have improved their organizational and management skills; 2) service delivery to victims is improved through strengthening of CSOs and LA protection networks thus promoting protection and support of victims towards their empowerment; 3) Timorese are sensitized on children and women rights and better informed on available protection mechanisms in the country and districts.
Under the Project Manager’s supervision, the Deputy assists for the planning, the implementation and the monitoring of the activities. S/he acts as a driven force in coordinating with the Partners and involved stakeholders.
– Assist the project manager in planning the work of the activities
– Contribute to the activities implementation and monitoring
– Ensure an efficient link between Project Manager and Partners, Steering Committee, Local Authorities
– Contribute to the set-up and the implementation of trainings of the project
– Co-lead or lead coordination meetings and workshops with Partners and other stakeholders
– Manage logistics and organization issues related to training sessions, meetings and workshops (place, participants, educational equipment…)
– Report writing: activities, minutes of meeting, action plan
– Translate from Tetum to English and English to Tetum, orally and by writing:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
– Academic background in social work or social sciences would be greatly appreciated
– Background and experience in project management, especially related with domestic and gender based violence
– Strong knowledge of Timor social and cultural context
– Experience in leading meetings and workshops
– Good knowledge of local associations, network and partnership
– Proficiency in English and in Tetum (both oral and written)
– Good written reporting skills
– Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Knowledge of the humanitarian sector (donors, strategies, methods) – experience in a NGO or International Organisation would be greatly appreciated
– The candidate must be punctual, diplomatic, motivated and flexible with great interpersonal skills and respect of others
– Sense of organization and responsibility, autonomous, with humanitarian and social engagement
– The position will be based in Dili with possible field visits in Districts (Oecusse, Covalima, Baucau)
– National position
– 34-month fixed-term contract
– Salary : based on Triangle G H salary grid, entry level 5 A
– Expected starting date: December 2013
DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION
– Resume and cover letter
– Work certificate(s) (copies preferred)
– At least two references with valid email or phone contact
The recruitment will close on the 30th of November 2013.
Selected applicants will be directly contacted by Triangle G H.