Oxfam Timor Leste program is looking for National positions for Information and Technology Officer
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more.
|Information and Technology Officer
- The IT Officer is a member of the Oxfam Australia Technical Infrastructure team responsible for providing support and maintenance for the computer network, systems and services for Dili, Covalima and Oecussi Offices of Oxfam in Timor-Leste. The position will report to the Timor-Leste Office Manager for all Human Resource and day to day operational matters and to the Senior Systems Administrator – Field for all ICT related matters. The position will travel up to 12 weeks per year.
- Provide expert advice, instruction and training to staff regarding use of ICT hardware, applications and services.
- Assist with researching, recommending, purchasing and allocating hardware and software to meet the needs of the Programs operations.
- Assist the Senior Systems Administrator – Field with the effective management of the IT network and servers for Timor-Leste program to ensure an efficient and effective working environment for the Programs operations.
- Maintain documentation for end user procedures of ICT systems and services within the program
- Support and coordinate in country ICT services in humanitarian response within capacity and in liaison with Senior Systems Administrator – Field
- Advise local partner organizations on information technology needs
- At least 3 years experience working in an IT related position
- Experience or qualifications up to Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ and Network+ standard
- Experience working with ICT service desk applications and processes
- A thorough understanding of computer hardware/software and peripherals including printers
- A thorough understanding of MS desktop operating systems, MS Office, internet browsers and web publishing
- A thorough understanding of workstation duplication and application installation tools
- A thorough understanding of e-mail and communications applications
- Knowledge of data backup and restoration procedures
- Knowledge of networking principles including LAN/WAN services and devices
- Knowledge of Windows Server and basic Active Directory functionality.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including English
- Excellent customer service and documentation skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- A friendly and helpful manner with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting demands
- Ability to work without supervision at times
How to apply: Request a detailed position description and Application Form from Benigna Martins, Human Resources Manager, by e-mailing her email@example.com , calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru Hun, Dili, and Timor-Leste. Please note that only applications submitted on our Application Form and received by 5:00PM Friday, 15 November will be accepted. They can be sent to above e-mail address.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted