Job Title:Network Capacity Advisor
Dates: November 2013 – 31 August 2014
Salary Range: $3,000/month
Open Date: Friday,31 October 2013 Close Date: Thursday, 15 November 2013
NGO Belun is currently seeking a Network Capacity Advisorto support the program “Democracy and Development in Action, through Media and Empowerment (DAME) which is conducted in partnership with Search for Common Ground (SFCG). This program is supported through the European Union-funded Non-State Actors program through the Ministry of Finance of Timor-Leste. This program was designed to support the strengthening of Belun’s Conflict Prevention and Response Networks that have been established in 43 sub-districts.
The program works through two phases, the first is to utilize Belun’s Network Capacity Assessment Tool (NCAT) to assess the capacity needs of each of the 43 networks and then to respond to the identified needs of each network through tailored training and small grants which provide opportunities to implement conflict transformation initiatives. The DAME program also carries with it a significant research component to research conflict risks relating to youth or conflict prevention capacity at the local level.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the DAME Program Manager to manage program implementation according to the annual workplan;
- Support Belun’s DAME Program Manager with the management of DAME staff and ensure all responsibilities to the project are fulfilled;
- Support Belun’s DAME Program Manager to provide timely quarterly reports toSFCG on program activities;
- Provide oversight of DAME budget management;
- Maintain close communication and coordination with the SFCG DAME team and other implementing partners;
- Represent Belun and the DAME program at meetings with DAME stakeholders including representatives of the Government of Timor-Leste, national and international NGOs, UN agencies and donors;
- Review DAME internal Monitoring and Evaluation systems and ensure all relevant data is being appropriately documented;
- Review the results of all CPRN Network Capacity Assessments and support the DAME team to prepare a final report on NCAT results;
- Work with the DAME team to improve the quality of NCAT and training implementation;
- Support Belun’s DAME Training team with finalization of tailored training modules for each CPRN in response to NCAT findings;
- Support Belun’s DAME staff to finalize all logistical aspects of CPRN trainings throughout the year as per annual workplan;
- Support Belun DAME and EWER staff for internal evaluation of project implementation;
- Support Belun with any other tasks as defined by the Director and Belun Management Team.
- Manage the work of international volunteers working on DAME program activities;
- Support the DAME program research team to plan and implement research activities;
- Review and edit DAME publications prior to public release;
- Ensure DAME program publications are released in a timely manner to the highest quality;
- Support the DAME program Manager in the management of the Conflict Sensitive Development Initiatives small grants according to the guidelines and requirements of the program.
Reporting and Working Relationships
The Network Capacity Advisor will report to, and be accountable jointly to Belun’s DAME Program Manager and the Belun Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Peace and Conflict Studies; International Affairs or a related field.
- Three years of related full-time experience in program management.
- Experience with peacebuilding or conflict prevention programming.
- Experience with training and designing training modules.
- Experience in grant management and donor reporting.
- Must have prior experience working in a post-conflict and development setting and knowledge of conflict transformation theory and practice.
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills essential.
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills required.
- Significant computer fluency required in Word and Excel.
- Must have ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and experience in a mentoring position.
- Capacity andcommitment to learnthe Tetum languagein a short period of time.
- Fluency in English.
- Master’s degree in Peace and Conflict Studies; International Affairs or a related field highly preferred.
- Four plus years of related experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Conflict Transformation theory and methods.
- Experience working with civil society networks.
- Strong Tetum language skills are an advantage.
Application Process: Interested candidates may submit a CV and cover letter to Belun’s Office Manager, Ms. Meta Mendonça at email@example.com by 4pm (Timor-Leste Time) on Thursday 15 November 2013. Non-shortlisted candidates will not be contacted.