Re-advertising for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Health Alliance International – Timor-Leste
Since 2004, Health Alliance International (HAI) has been working with the government of Timor-Leste to implement programs to strengthen maternal, and newborn health services. The overarching goal of the program is to improve health and reduce mortality and morbidity for mothers and their infants in Timor-Leste thus contributing to the MDG goals four and five. HAI supports a variety of activities in the districts of Liquica, Aileu, Manufahi, Ainaro, and Dili.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is a member of the M&E Team at HAI, providing essential support for data collection, analysis, and reporting. S/he is responsible for maintaining up-to-date, accurate records of HAI’s activities, as well as collecting district-level health service data and maintaining an updated database of health indicators used for monitoring and evaluating HAI programs. S/he will also provide assistance to any capacity building efforts undertaken by the M&E Team, such as district-level trainings, mentoring opportunities, or health staff meetings, and assist HAI staff to deliver regular written and oral reports to the MOH, district partners, and donors.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Think critically to interpret visual and numerical data
- Effective and confident verbal and written communicator
- Able to keep track of reporting deadlines in complex and rapidly changing environment
- Respond flexibly to unexpected requests
- Demonstrated support of coworkers and strong team spirit
- Willingness to travel to districts to support M&E activities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate English speaking and writing skills, fluency is an advantage
- University Degree in public health, social sciences, community development, or related fields
- Experience monitoring health-related projects or conducting health research
- Experience with maternal and newborn care and/or family planning programs in Timor-Leste
Interested candidates should send your cover letter and CV with two references to Harun Boavida at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact him at 7732 7387 for directions to the HAI office. For additional questions, contact the number above.
Applications close Wednesday November 13th , 2013.