Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor- Leste – CITL
Job Title Program Quality Unit Manager
Reports to Assistant Country Director – Programs
Supervises Gender Coordinator, Protection and Accountability Officer
Works with Project Managers, Gender Focal Points, CARE Australia Gender Advisor and Senior Program Quality Advisor
Location Based in Dili, with frequent travel to field locations
Employment Basis 9 months with possibility of multi-year extension
Date September 2, 2013
About the Role:
The Program Quality Unit Manager has responsibility for continually improving CARE International in Timor-Leste’s programs in using and demonstrating best practice in design, implementation and evaluation. In addition, he/she will provide strategic and technical advice to Program and project manager and project staff. He/she will also support the CD and ACD Programs in the development of CARE’s long term strategic partnerships in Timor-Leste, with donors, international and national NGOs and with government.
This position is focused on enhancing CARE Timor-Leste’s capacity to contribute to national development outcomes and relevant MDGs. The position is based in Dili and manages the Program Quality and Gender Unit. Major responsibilities of this unit are: to provide strategic guidance on designing new projects and programs in line with CITL’s developing program strategy, enhance CARE’s capacity to conduct analyses to understand underlying causes of poverty and marginalization, ensure that gender and women’s empowerment are central to CITL’s program strategy and activities, promote a learning culture to generate and share knowledge to improve program quality, improve M&E and impact measurement and learning systems, and improve the quality of communications both internal and external.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the improvement of program and project quality across all parts of the organization
- Work with Program and Project Managers to strengthen design, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of current and planned activities
- Contribute to strategic development in line with CITL’s long term program strategy
- Be the focal point for CARE Cambodia’s work on strengthening partnerships, and contribute to developing and implementing a Partnership Strategy
- Comply with all relevant CITL policies and standard procedures
- Promote a strong team environment within the Program Quality and Gender Unit by contributing ideas, listening to others and willingly taking on tasks that fall outside of this job description as directed by an employee with the appropriate delegation
- Work constructively with colleagues in other departments and teams to promote the objectives of the organization
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality and diversity
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; fostering a safety and security culture and ensure compliance with CITL safety and security policies and procedures
- Other relevant tasks are directed by the ACD-P and CD
- Safety and Security: Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE Timor-Leste safety and security policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Experience Required.
- Relevant university qualifications
- At least 8 years experience in the management of people and development programs with an international NGO, aid agency or other development organization
- Experience in the design and development of program strategies and complex project interventions, including familiarity with logical framework approaches
- Ability to design and develop monitoring and evaluation systems, experience in managing and conducting field evaluations and impact measurement
- Ability to create and sustain long term partnerships with other development actors, including other international agencies, donors and government
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken) in English and Tetum (including report writing, as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
Skills & Personal attributes
- Demonstrated proactive, flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and proven team player
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote areas on a frequent basis
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY
For those who are interested for this position, please submit the signed application letter with maximum 500 words and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairro Pite Dili, OR by email Dian.email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 27 September 2013 at 5PM. Only the short listed applicant will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
“CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. Applicants are advised that CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment”.