Austraining International – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Austraining International is a specialist project management and international development organisation managing projects worldwide. Our footprint is extensive with more than 20 international offices and an established network in excess of 600 partner organisations, providing access to world class experience in the areas of volunteering, international scholarships and technical assistance projects.
We specialise in the transitioning of people across cultures and believe that our staff can have a tremendously positive impact on the lives of others. We are looking for a likeminded, dynamic individual to come and join our team.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Program Coordinator (Timorese National Only) to join the Austraining Team, based in our Dili, Timor Leste office. This is a newly created role and could be your chance to be an influential partner in a unique and exciting organization.
The Senior Program Coordinator reports to the In Country Manager and is responsible for the effective implementation of Austraining Internationals volunteer programs in country in accordance with Austraining’s policies, procedures and Country Strategy.
This role is initially offered on a sub-contracted basis full time to end of June 2014 with possibility for extension subject to satisfactory performance and on-going government funding.
The key responsibilities include:
– Managing key stakeholder relationships & liaising with Host Organisations, including sourcing and developing assignments consistent with the Country Strategy and program targets.
– Providing welfare support, monitoring and emergency assistance to volunteers and scholarship holders in country.
– Providing support and assistance to the ICM in the management of the ICM team when required, including manning the Duty Phone and coordinating management of critical incidences.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
– Experience in program coordination and negotiating difficult situations.
– Excellent communications skills in written & spoken English.
– Ability to drive a 4WD and have a valid driving license.
– A mature attitude and be highly trustworthy.
A working knowledge of international development programs will be highly regarded.
You must be a Timorese National to be considered for this position.
– friendly, positive culture
– commitment to training and upskilling
– competitive salary based on skills and experience
The Scope of Services for this role can be obtained by emailing email@example.com. If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please email your Cover Letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5pm on Wednesday 18th September. Put “Application for Senior Program Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.