Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor- Leste – CITL
Department : Finance Unit
Position : Finance Officer
Grade : E
Duty Station : Maliana Base with travel to districts
Report to : Finance Manager
This position is responsible for operating cash register to computer and register items. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to management of petty cash flow, vendor payments, over sight advances of staff and provide admin support to the Base Administrator when necessary
Specific duties and responsibilities:
A. Cash Transactions
· Ensures payments are process on a timely manner and in correct value and coding
· Ensure payments are well supported and in correct coding
· Do the payment to Vendors and Staff
· Monitor staff advance and checking the acquittal
· Strictly follow the authorization level
· Prepare the daily cash count at the end of day
· Prepare petty cash replenishment
· Updates Cash books daily and submitted to Accountant to checking
B. Banking Transactions
· Update Cheque Finsun daily and submitted to Accountant to checking
· Liaising with the bank to make cash deposit, withdrawal, transfers and other correspondences
· Request the bank statement at least once in month
· Prepare the bank reconciliation month end on 1st of each month or first working day thereafter and make appropriate adjustments if required.
· Prepare the monthly time sheet for the Guards and the cleaner
· Filling of vouchers, receipt, memo, adjustments orderly
· Socialise and implement finance policies and procedures and any update
· Facilitate finance training if needed
· College degree or vocational training and less than 3 years work experience in their relevant field or no higher education but a minimum 2 years work experience)
· Knowledge in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, email etc.)
· Language- Tetum, Indonesia, & English
· Ability to work in fast-paced, stressful environmental
· Prior cash handling experience preferred
· Maliana resident is encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
For those who are interested for this position, please submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairro Pite Dili, OR to CARE sub office in Maliana District OR by email HR.TLS@careint.org. The closing date for applications is 28 August 2013 at 5PM. Only the short listed applicant will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
“CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. Applicants are advised that CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment”.