The Asia Foundation * Rua de Nu Laran* Bairro dos Grillos * Dili, Timor-Leste
Norway- Women Local Governance Program
Job Announcement: Interviewers (24 available positions)
Duty Station: 6 districts in Timor Leste: Ainaro, Baucau, Bobonaro ,Ermera, Manatatuto and Oe-Cusse
Reports to: Norway Program Manager
Contract Duration: 2 months
Closing Date: August 31, 2013
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) was funded by the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Jakarta Indonesia to implement a three-year project entitledStrengthening Local Governance in Timor-Leste to Better Address Women’s Needs in Development. This program aims to strengthen local governance in Timor-Leste to better address women‘s development needs by: strengthening women‘s leadership in local or suco councils and increasing local government accountability in regards to addressing women‘s development priorities.
The Women Local Governance Performance Scale Interviewer will be working closely with Women District Coordinator who is based in district and also Program Manager and other teams to conduct interview to Women Representatives of suku councils. The main objective of the program is to introduce an empirically based accountability tool, the women‘s local governance performance scale, which will assess the impact of the training programs and serve to hold the suco councils to account vis-a-vis their performance in supporting women‘s development priorities.
The Interviewer of Women Local Governance Performance Scale shall:
1. Read all materials related to the powers, functions, and responsibilities of the Suco Councils and women representative (Rep. Joven Feto, Rep. Feto and Rep. Feto Boot)
2. Attend the training session for interviewers on using tablet will be organized by the Asia Foundation.
3. Assist in ensuring proper preparations for the Women Performance Scale. For that purpose, he/she shall coordinate closely with the Women Local Governance District Coordinator as well as the District Administration office.
4. Coordinate with xefe Suku and Women Representatives to arrange time for the interview
5. Conduct interview, using tablet facilitation guide prepared by TAF
6. Documenting the result of the interview using the template provided by TAF
7. Ensure the questioners are answered by and saved properly
8. The interview result collected should be sent immediately to TAF as determined by the supervisor
9. Prepared Work Plan and request budget for the Assessment activity
10. Provide Financial report to TAF on the Expenses for the assessment activity
11. Provide invoice to TAF request for the payment when complete the Assessment
- High school graduated or diploma is required
- Familiar using computer
- Communication skills
- Interview skill is required
- Familiar with the community from assigned districts
- Interpersonal skills
- Organized, creative and well motivated
- Able to work independently with less supervision
- Experience working with the NGO or any relevant institution.
All Interested Timorese national applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The applications should contain a cover letter and most recent CV with three traceable referees. These applications should be addressed to the HR unit via email at TAFTimorLeste@asiafound.org; the hard copy of these applications can also be submitted directly to The Asia Foundation, Bairro dos Grilhos, Dili, Timor Leste.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for attending further recruitment process.