Kindly review our “How to Apply Guide” before applying to a job posting.
|(Associate) Investment Officer- Dili, Timor-Leste- 131734|
|Title:||(Associate) Investment Officer|
|Background / General description:|
|IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, providing advisory services to businesses and governments, and mobilizing capital in the international financial markets. In fiscal 2011, amid economic uncertainty across the globe, we helped our clients create jobs, strengthen environmental performance, and contribute to their local communities — all while driving our investments to an all-time high of nearly $19 billion. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
IFC Timor Leste is now looking for an (Associate) Investment Officer, under local hire package, to be based in Dili. The (Associate) Investment Officer will provide business development and transaction support to maximize IFC’s developmental impact in financing and to contribute to the overall private sector development in Timor Leste. Working closely with investment colleagues in the region including Hong Kong and Sydney, as well as with the global team; the successful applicant will establish strong relationships with the business community, gather and disseminate market intelligence, identify business opportunities and appraise investment proposals, evaluate and analyse the attractiveness of potential investments, participate in the structuring and negotiation of deals, support the supervision of portfolio projects, and contribute to country and regional strategy formulation. IFC Timor Lesete is particularly focused on developing long term partnerships with companies that have the potential to deliver lasting development through the creation of jobs, promoting greater economic empowerment for women and increase diversification in the economy.
It is anticipated the successful candidate will be inducted over a two year period with a substantial amount of this time spent in locations outside of Timor Leste. Depending on business needs, this position can also be based in Solomon Island and Papua New Guinea or other Pacific locations.
|Duties and Accountabilities:|
|Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Promoting IFC’s business development efforts through company and sector research and developing key contacts in sectors of focus and the commercial banking community
• Analysing and appraising all aspects of new investment proposals (debt and/or equity) including financial, operational, commercial, legal, corporate governance, and environmental and social sustainability elements; and preparing investment recommendations where appropriate
• Create financial models;
• Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress reports and other information submitted by clients;
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
• Participate in investments negotiations;
• Monitoring operational and financial performance of client companies to evaluate risk and recommend proactive measures; and
• Foster teamwork with colleagues in the region and other offices.
|• Masters or equivalent degree with specialization in commerce, banking or finance;
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a financial institution;
• Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, sound knowledge of corporate finance, loan/investment documentation, accounting, financial statement analysis and financial modeling;
• Ability to interact directly and independently with clients and financial and technical partners;
• Sound business judgment, negotiation and commercial skills;
• Ability to multi-task, deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule;
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development; and
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Able to travel frequently;
• Excellent communication skills in English.