Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor- Leste – CITL
Mudansa Klimatika iha Ambiente Seguru – MAKA’AS
Position Title: Community Development Officer – CDO (1 Position)
Place of Assignment: Liquica with frequently travel to project sites as well as to Dili
Duration: August 2013 to December 2014
Reports to: National Project Manager
MAKA’AS, an AusAID funded project, is aim to build the adaptive capacity of men and women of 3,134 vulnerable households living in six sucos, which are located in two highly degraded watershed in Liquica District, with the goal of increasing their resilience to the unavoidable impacts of climate change. Through building the adaptive capacity of men and women, MAKA’AS project will contribute to the evidence base for gender-sensitive, environmental sustainable Community-based Adaptation (CBA) to climate change in Timor-Leste.
ROLES AND RESPONSABILITIES
HR related issues:
In coordination with Project Management and Local partners to:
- Assist community facilitators in preparation of work plan ,
- Daily monitoring on community facilitators performance,
- Authorize the HR related issues for community facilitators,
- Carry on annual evaluation for community facilitators ,
Administrative related issues:
- Provide information and support to project management team during the preparation of cost work plan and procurement plan
- Closely coordinate with project assistant to execute the procurement process
- Provide technical support to the community facilitators,
- Assist the technical implementation process,
- Assisting the community facilitators to develop and implement the community development strategy and plan
- Guaranteeing that delivering process of activities to have good quality standards and were implemented on time
- Assisting community facilitators to develop appropriate techniques and frameworks to facilitate this process
- Support the project management in the development of training and communication materials
Institutional related issues:
- Promote networking activities with local stakeholders and other agencies
- Represent the project at sub-district level
- Participate at local planning process at suco and sub district level
M& E related responsibilities:
- Responsible for collecting the information on filed progress
- Responsible for supervising community facilitators at field level
- Provide support to the M&E staff in implementing M&E framework
- Ensure gender integration in the day to day activities
- Representing project as gender focal point
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE Timor-Leste safety and security policies and procedures.”
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum University diploma with relevant education background and have adequate knowledge on rural development process
- Have been involved with livelihood project for more than two years
- Familiar with Community Based Adaptation Approaches
- Soft skills to facilitate participatory process
- Candidates from the respective districts are encouraged to apply.
- Availability to live in Liquica, and travel constantly to Dili.
- Driving license holder for motorbike
- The candidate should be organized, creative, well motivated.
For those who are interested for this position, please submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references, by 12 August 2013 at 5pm to CARE Base Office Liquica OR CARE International Timor-Leste Office, Bairro Pite Dili, OR by email to HR.TLS@caeint.org.
Only candidate who short listed will be contacted for the interview.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. Applicants are advised that CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.