Liga Inan Project Coordinator (1 post)
Health Alliance International – Timor-Leste
Liga Inan Project Coordinator(1 post) – Health Alliance International
Reports to: Country Director – Timor Leste
Location: Same, Manufahi, Timor-Leste
The Liga Inan project is piloting the use of mobile phone technology to connect expectant mothers with health providers to increase the likelihood that pregnant women will adopt behaviors that promote a healthy, full term delivery and seek routine assistance from a midwife for ANC, at birth and for the newborn. Other components of the program are training and monitoring for a cadre of Community Health Workers engaged in home visits to expectant mothers and building capacity of Ministry of Health midwives in the delivering of basic emergency obstetric care.
The Project Coordinator provides leadership and coordination to HAI program staff to assure close collaboration and integration with the Timor-Leste Ministry of Health in support of strengthening health services and community health promotion for HAI’s Mobile Moms Project. S/he is responsible for assuring that HAI’s activities are completed as planned, assisting with trouble-shooting and problem solving, and working with staff to assess program effectiveness.
Provide overall management of HAI’s Liga Inan Project and identifying synergies with HAI’s other projects
- Personnel management of the Liga Inan team based in HAI’s Same office.
- Technical support to the Ministry of Health and at the district and sub-district levels when needed.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or equivalent in public health or public administration
- Excellent knowledge of maternal/newborn care and family planning programming and experience working with the Ministry of Health in Timor-Leste
- English language proficiency
- Three to five years experience in health program staff management and team building with a demonstrated respectful and culturally sensitive leadership style.
For a detailed job description and to submit your resume please visit the HAI website or email our Program Manager, Paul Vasconcelos firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Alliance International, Avenida de Portugal, Marconi (3322608)
Deadline 15th August 2013