World Vision (WV) is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. The heart of WV’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships.
World Vision Timor-Leste works under the newly formed World Vision Pacific Timor Leste (PTL) National Office. The National Office includes four Country Offices – Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Timor-Leste and the Solomon Islands.
· Increase equality for women, men, boys and girls
· Promote healthy, safe and educated children
· Enhance community resilience
· Become a strong voice for change
· Engage and transform donorsPURPOSE OF POSITION:
The MCHN Technical Specialist will take the lead in technically supporting all Maternal Child Health & Nutrition projects in WVTL and contributing technical expertise towards acquiring new MCHN resources in order to achieve set strategic directions. This position is also required to contribute to knowledge sharing and support the MCHN Sector among PTL countries.
This will include:
- · Co-Management of donor funds with Area Managers to ensure funding is spent according to budget and on time
- · Ensure quality MCHN technical designs and outputs that meet project objectives and are aligned with International best practice and consider cross cutting issues such as gender and sustainability
- · On the job training in MCHN management and project implementation for local staff
- · Monitor and evaluate projects and write reports for donors
- · Host donor visits and manage donor relations in regards to all MCHN projects
- · Represent WVTL within the Health sector in Timor-Leste in working groups and with the Government
- · Contribute technical expertise to new MCHN project designs
- · Work with WV regional specialists and other MCHN Specialists in PTL to ensure partnership standards are met
The MCHN Technical Specialist is accountable for:·
Leadership and management of the Health Sector
- · Donor and Sectoral relations in relation to MCHN projects
- · Provision of sector expertise towards resource acquisition
- · Capacity building of program staff
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION:
- – Co-Management with Area Managers of MCHN projects to ensure quality implementation that meets International and WV standards. This includes budget management to ensure that donor funds are spent appropriately and on time as well as technical and social aspects of the project.
- – Capacity development of project staff in all areas related to the MCHN sector including technical aspects, and project management
- – Develop and maintain good relationships with existing donors.
- – Contribute to writing MCHN project proposals to potential donors and to work with Programs Manager in the completion of project submissions.
- – Use assessment reports to lobby donors for funding in specific areas of need.
- – Ensure appropriate reporting back to donors and that reports meet WVI policies, LEAP and donor requirements (include CWB Reporting)
- – Representation and Networking with appropriate UN/NGO/donor meetings, joint agency assessments, Health sector working groups as requested by National Director and Programs Manager
- – Participate as needed in finance meetings as related to the Health sector. Work closely with the Finance and Programs Departments to ensure that MCHN projects are fully resourced
- – Participate as needed in HR meetings as related to the Health sector. Ensure that MCHN projects are well staffed and that performance reviews are conducted. Conduct regular staff appraisals based on WV HR procedures (performance-based staff contracts). Manage all direct reports
- – Spend no less than 50% of working time in the field
- – Attend and contribute to spiritual and team devotions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
– University degree in Public Health, Nutrition or related field
– Specialist health technical and social training to degree level
– Competence in written English communication
– Good presentation and facilitation skills
– Effective proposal and report writing skills and some knowledge of grant acquisition procedures
– Minimum 1 years of appropriate professional experience in resource acquisition (proposal writing); development programs; and Design,Monitoring and Evaluation
– Working experience with NGO, INGO is an advantage
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure
– Be willing to work in a team environment and travel (about 50%) and stay overnight at project site.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should submit an application letter, CV and other documents to: P&C Department, World Vision Timor Leste, Av. Dos Direitos Humanos Estrada de Bidau, Bidau Mota Klaran, Dili. or can send your CV to email address: Jose_daCosta@wvi.org
For more information Please contact WVTL Office: 3312835 or +670-77364453
Closing date is 31 July 2013 at 5:00 pm