National Program OfficerStart date&duration:
August / for one year with possibility of extension
Based in Dili with traveling to the Districts
Coordinate and report to Empreza Diak’s Program Manager and Director
$ 500 to 800/month depending on experience
July 26, 2013
Empreza Di’ak is an innovative Timorese NGO founded on the principle that fighting poverty requires “working with the people, for the people”. At Empreza Di’ak we believe that every man and woman holds the power to fight poverty and build better lives, but that this is worthless withoutsupport and opportunity.
Since 2010 we are building good businesses that defeat poverty, empower people and build peace in a sustainable and long-lasting way. Our work is groundbreaking and is changing lives, one day at a time!
With the help of institutional partners, we are implementing three innovative programs that are changing the way we fight poverty in Timor-Leste: Negósiu Di’ak (developing local products for local markets), Futuru Di’ak (economic empowerment of women survivors of violence) and Forum Di’ak (advocacy and training platform for local NGOs and micro-businesses). For more information visit www.empreza-diak.com
Empreza Di’ak is working with some of the most remote and vulnerable communities in the country and reaching directly over than 300 people. We are also supporting local organizations nationwide through training, networking and conference participation benefiting close to a further 3000 people.
- Participate in the planning of Empreza Di’ak’s strategic plan for the next 5 years, notably ensuring that this is done in a participatory manner
- Work with the Director, Program Manager and Project Officers to implement Futuru Di’ak (60%) and Negósiu Di’ak and Forum Diak’s (40%) activities in accordance with the projects’ plans
- Lead consultation with stakeholders, reporting on consultation processes, support in the development of business opportunities, monitoring and evaluation
- Support project staff preparing project implementation plans and activities’ progress reports
- Track program spending, working with the Finance Manager and Program Manager for the production of necessary reports
- Provide mentorship and training to ED’s partner organizations/communities and staff as needed – including field based work
- Work with Project teams to document learning, share obstacles and develop solutions throughout projects’ cycle
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders, government, local leaders and non-government in project area to improve coordination and increase ED’s social impact
- Represent Empreza Di’ak in meetings and related activities when needed
- Performance of other tasks when required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree or equivalent experience in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, business administration, development studies/community development or relevant field;
- At least five years of professional experience in project management/development, public sector management and/or emergency assistance;
- Experience in project design and implementation, report writing and M&E, including development of indicators and objectives, evaluation planning, data entry, and data analysis;
- Experience in facilitation of capacity building efforts with diverse colleagues, including those in local partner organizations and communities in rural areas;
- Experience working in collaboration with government counterparts, donors, the Church, NGOs, and community-based organizations;
- Good software skills, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Ability to travel to field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Tetum and English
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to exercise initiative
- Strong analytical, negotiating, facilitating, problem solving and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Detail oriented, able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Commitment to continuous learning (coaching, mentoring, etc)
- Understands Empreza Di’ak’s objectives and is committed to its mission
- Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches
- Cultural sensitivity (i.e. building and working effectively within a diverse working environment)
- Having a motor cycle or vehicle driver’s licence would be an advantage.
WORKING AT EMPREZA DI’AK:
Our innovative approach to fighting poverty in Timor-Leste is bringing important social change and we take proud in a job well done. Our team is very enthusiastic and we are looking for ambitious and committed individuals. The position will also allow you to use your current skills and to learn new ones. This position is part of a welcoming team, who shares work and support one another with learning.
HOW TO APPLY:
For qualified applicants please submit application letter, CV, and two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at our office in Rua Sergio Vieira de Melo, Farol, Dili.
The deadline for submitting applications is July 26th, 2013. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Empreza Diak is committed to gender equality and qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.