INTERNALLY & EXTERNALLY
CARE International in Timor Leste – CITL
Project : Hadia Agrikultura no Nutrisaun (HAN) Project
Position : Community Facilitator – 1 position
Report to : Project Officer
Duty Station : Lolotoe – Bobonaro
Contract Period : March to December 2013
HAN, an EuropeAid funded (EC) project, will be supporting 3,000 vulnerable households in target communities in Liquica and Bobonaro and Ermera districts in Timor Leste. The specific objective of HAN project is ‘3,000 vulnerable households in target communities in Liquica, Bobonaro and Ermera Districts have improved access to adequate quantity of diverse food in a sustainable manner.’ HAN contributes to achieving the first Millennium Development Goal (MDG), and national priority on food security of Republic Democratic Timor Leste.
– Conduct capacity, vulnerability and risk assessment and prepare community action plan
– Facilitate formation and strengthening of farmer/interest groups and prepare Group Plan
– Help farmers group to test and adopt improved agriculture techniques
– Implement community seed production, storage, and disaster mitigation plan
– Organize village level training and awareness raising activities at community level
– Coordinate with farmers groups to establish linkage with MAF Extension Officers
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary school level education with preference to agriculture as vocational subject
- At least one year experience in community mobilization and empowerment
- Strong experience in providing community level training and workshops
- Candidates from the respective districts are encourage to apply
- Driving license holder for motorbike
HOW TO APPLY
For those who are interested for this position, please submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairro Pite Dili, OR by email Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 06 March 2013 at 5pm. Only the applicant who short listed will be contacted. Please visit our blog www.caretimorleste.blog.com for more details.
“CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. Applicants are advised that CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment”.
“CARE is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position”.