Plan International in Timor-Leste
Plan International in Timor-Leste
Vacancy Announcement Various Position
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
In support of its current growth, Plan International in Timor-Leste wishes to recruit;
1. Deputy Program Manager (1 Position)
Purpose: The Deputy Program Manager for the YE program is responsible for coordinating national level YE4SD activities, forging partnership at the national level, overseeing training of community facilitators and local partners and conducting field visits and monitoring of program implementation
The vision of the Youth Empowerment Program is for Timorese young women and men, including the most marginalised, participate in decision making, realise their economic rights and promote peace, and social equality. Equality and social responsibility. Through these opportunities, Timorese youth will be empowered to realise their own potential as both rights holders and current/future duty bearers in Timor-Leste and to play a critical role in the sustainable development of their country. The program duration is 5 years (October 2012 – September 2017; with an initial three years period; continuation beyond is subject to Mid-Term review based on results achieved). The Youth Empowerment ( YE) Program is managed by Plan International in Timor-Leste with funding provided by Australian Government, The European Commission and Oaktree Foundation, Plan Timor-Leste works in partnership with two Plan’s National Offices: ANO (Plan International Australia or Australian National Office) and GNO (Plan International Germany or German National Office).
Dimensions of Role:
The Deputy Program Manager will need to work closely with YE Program Manager, M&E Officer and Program Coordinator based in Aileu. The position requires close working relationships with YE staff, Community Mobilizing Officer and partners based in Aileu and Ainaro, as well as in Dili.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
Functional area: YE program management
· Assists YE Program Manager with strategy development, planning, reporting and evaluation for the YE Program as well as with management of the overall program implementation (currently in 2 Districts: Aileu and Ainaro, and some Dili based activities)
· Work closely with M&E Officer, District Coordinator and YE Program Manager to ensure high quality monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning processes for the YE Program.
· Support YE Program Manager with overall coordination of the Program activities and liaise with key donors, national offices and others if required.
· Support YE Program Manager with team capacity building, team management and team meetings/ events/ activities. Support the district coordinator in preparing report and submitted to YE Program Manager
· In collaboration with YE Program Manager Conduct quarterly reviews of Program expenditure, implementation plans, prepare and facilitate quarterly re-planning and prioritizing meetings/ sessions.
· Conduct field visits to monitor program implementation and ensure quality of the Program delivery
· Provide technical input into key guiding documents, strategies, activities; and support both staff and partners in the field with capacity building, as required
· Assist set-up YE program information management system, design appropriate tools and guide program evaluation
· Assist the YE Manager to prepare quarterly and annual reports to Plan International Australia, GNO and project monthly reports to the Plan Timor Leste Program Manager