CARE International in Timor Leste
Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : PSU
Position : Senior Supply Chain Officer (SSCO)
Superviser : Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
Grade : D1
Salary : From $536 per month plus benefits
Country Office : CARE International in Timor Leste (CITL)
Location of Work : Dili Base with travel to field Offices
Position Report to : Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
Position Supervise : Supply Chain Assistant, Drivers
Job Description Prepared by : Supply Chain Manager (SCM)
Date Job Description Updated : 6 November 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : 6 November 2015
Contract period : 1 January 2016 to 30 June 2016
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The SSCO is responsible for management of day-to-day operations of CITL’s fleet, assets and warehouse, and supporting the SCM to manage procurement activities and plan usage of the fleet and assets.
- Fleet Management
The SSCO will have primary responsibility for managing fleet operations in CITL, under the direction of the SCM.
- Implement and enforce CITL’s Fleet Manual, including training and induction of staff, and ensure that use of vehicles complies with policies on fraud, safety & security, and code of conduct.
- Manage inspections, maintenance and repairs in the most cost-effective manner to maximize availability of vehicle, including managing relationships with workshops in Dili and in the field.
- Plan and organize the CITL vehicle and driver requirements to ensure efficient and effective use of transport assets, including coordination of daily vehicle allocation, field assignments and rental vehicles.
- In close coordination with the field and project staff, plan and manage the transport of cargo to Base Offices and other destinations as requested, and support Base Administrators to manage fleet issues in the field.
- Establish and manage effective fuel supply in all required locations, and ensure timely preparation of fuel reports and invoices.
- Ensure accurate recording of the use of vehicles, and monitor at all times the use of the vehicle log sheets and the drivers’ daily checklist as well as proper filing of the records.
- Asset Management
The SSCO will have primary responsibility for maintaining asset registers and conducting stock takes, under the direction of the SCM. The SSCO will receive assistance in conducting stock takes from Admin and other staff.
- Implement and enforce CITL’s asset management policies in the COFM, including training and induction of staff.
- Maintain asset registers for all departments and projects, including all assets required to be tracked by the COFM or by donor policies.
- Conduct regular stock takes of CITL’s assets throughout Timor-Leste.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus or damaged assets.